So next on my pattern list are the PIECES for a piggy hat. I capitalized pieces because its not an actual hat pattern, but the pieces that you sew onto an already made hat to create a pig hat.
You can find my pattern for a basic earflap hat here http://ruthmcneilsblogging.blogspot.com/2011/11/basic-hat-with-earflaps-i-had-request.html
So for this hat you want to use a soft pink for the main color and either a darker pink or white for the accent color (i.e. the border of the hat)
Size H 5mm hook
pink and white yarn
Ears (make 2)
1. Sc in second chain from hook and all the way across, chain 1 turn
2. Sc all the way across, chain 1, turn
3. Sc 2tog, sc all the way across
4-8. repeat row 3
Fasten off and leave long tail for sewing
Eyes (make 2)
with black chain 2
6 sc in second chain from hook, slipstitch into first sc and tie off, leaving a long tail for sewing
with white chain 2 (this piece is worked in the round
1. 6 Sc in second chain from hook
2. 2 Sc in each stitch around, place stitch marker in first sc of round
3. 2 Sc in next sc, place stitch marker in first sc of round, sc in next stitch, repeat until you reach stitch marker, fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing.
*Eye assembly- sew black "pupil" onto the white of the eye, this becomes your full eye. I placed my pupil at the bottom of the white, but I just liked the way it looked. You could even make it cross eyed for a silly pig!
Nose (worked in rounds using a stitch marker)
1. 6 sc in second chain from hook
2. 2sc in each sc around (place stitch marker in first sc of the round)
3. 2 sc, sc, repeat around
4. Sc blo in each stitch around
5. Sc in each stitch around, fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing
*with two pieces of black scrap yarn, tie "nostrils" to the front of the nose, leaving the tail inside so its hidden when you sew piece onto hat.
*When sewing nose on stuff with scrap yarn to make sure it doesnt go flat
And there you have it! Have fun with it too! Add a red bow or eyelashes to the piggie to make her more feminine!